Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello everyone. I know, yes I am ashamed that I haven't done a better job at keeping up with my blog. I'm thinking about closing it down all together.
But I will post a couple of pictures, so you can see what I've been up to. It's been a bit of this and that.
I've altered a couple of cigar boxes where I keep some of my goodies. The first one keeps all my hand made flowers. As you can see, I used the G45 Once Upon A Springtime paper stack. I really enjoyed fussycutting some ot the images. The little flowers on the bottom left corner are made with Card Candy that Envys gave me a long time ago. I laid them on a bed of the branches made by a M Stewart punch. The fairy and bird are flying off the box a bit. I love the way it turned out.


The second one I made for my granddaughter's 18th birthday. She said she was going to keep all her "important stuff" in it. The large white Gardinias are from ACMoore's wedding section. They were on sale quite awhile back. So I got 2 packages. The picture was one I got from the internet. the small flowers on the bottom, are ones I made using petals cut from the Cricut. The larger flower was made from some white petals I also got at ACMoore. I sprayed them with my own spray. There are 2 layers of lace then topped it with 2 of the petals. Put a pearl inthe center. The Cala Lilies and the wheat sprays come from Cassies Art Fire store. The blue beaded trim is from her store also. The music paper is from a DCWV stack. I can't remember which one. What do you think?  Some of you may have seen these on my you tube channel. So you can skip over this part! lol
This is Don's  daughter Jennifer. She is such a beauty. This was taken during a recent trip to Puerto Rico. She had a wonderful time.

And this beautiful little guy is my newest grandchild, Mason. He's just 10 months old and took his first steps a couple of days ago!
This is Mason with his Papa. (His moms dad) Some of you have been praying for him because his cancer has come back. He is now in the end stages and we are just waiting for him to leave us. So I'd like to ask for prayers tor Tina's family. Her mom, Donna,and all of Will's family too. Pray for strength to get through these next few days and all the things that must be done afterward.
Thanks so much y'all.

I think I like this new platform here. I will hold my opinion until after I get this posted. Thanks for stopping buy. Have a great day.
Thanks
JESSICA

1 comment:

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous altered boxes! Love the papers and designs! beautiful work!