Friday, July 12, 2013

Oh my gosh! Color me embarrassed! It's been almost a year since I've posted here! Of course I have an excuse for the last 3 months since my computer's been kaput. And now I'm using our friend's computer. So no new pictures for now. It'll be quite awhile before we get our's fixed.

Thanks to our friend Shawn. Who was so gracious in allowing us to come stay with him. I'm sure you all know what it's like to get into financial difficulty. When you get behind, it just keeps getting worse and worse.
Just like a snowball in a cartoon. It snatched us up along the way and it kept growing until there was no stopping it. So now maybe we'll be able to get ourselves straightened out. And help Shawn during the process.

We are doing well otherwise. I guess the biggest thing that's happened since my last post is that my mom passed away in Feb. She fell out of her chair and broke her hip. She required surgery, so they did it almost right away.  But she never came back (mentally) from that. I'm sure she had gotten so dehydrated, and that probably didn't help. Sh wouldn't drink anything. Mostly because she didn't want to get wet and have to be changed. Because she got cold when I had to clean her up. She hated being cold. I kept telling her to get up and walk around, or move her legs to keep the circulation up. Then she wouldn't get so cold.
When it was all over, we did as she had always wanted. She always said to cremate her then sprinkle her ashes in the woods. She always loved walking through the woods. So that's what we did. We waited for a good weather day. Then we went to Pete n Mariannes house where we had a cookout with all the family members there. Then Mariannes dad said a prayer after we spread her ashes. It was a lovely day to enjoy our family. The only one missing was my grand daughter in law Nicole. She had to work. But our Michael came and brought our sweet little Hailey. She got to know our Mason who's the newest addition to the family. They walked around the yard holding hands for a bit. It was so cute watching them.

Well I'm off to finish up some laundry and then work on some cards that I'm behind on. I hope all of you are well and enjoying your summer.
Big Squishy Hugs...................Jessica

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey