Monday, January 26, 2009

The morning after...CHS and Fiskars challenges!

Wow what a weekend! I stayed caught up to the Fiskars challenges all day till about 4 pm. Then I just ran out of steam! It was a lot of fun! Having never done an online crop before, I didn't know what to expect. It surpassed my imaginings! I still have a couple of pages in the works.
Plus I'm doing Debby's Dare as well. (Which is way more important to me). I love that the weekly questions make me really think. It's also funny how a lot of the challenges have fallen in line with my curent project. Which is a group of Family albums. (However many it takes) It's sort of a Mom's Family Album. As I don't know much about my Dad's family...yet!
I have a friend who has been getting info for me. She's really good at genealogy research. All I had to go on were the names and places wher my Dad's mom and her brother died. My friend found them in one day! And found a good bit of info on them. And we were able to piece together some things as a result of what she found. I was amazed. My great grandmother was quite a woman! She had 2 children out of wedlock, gave them her name and raised them alone! Now, I know that sort of stuff isn't new, but I also knew that there would have been such a scandal. It didn't appear that she cared what others thought. She did what she had to do to care for her kids!
No horse thieves yet, but she's still looking! I have a distant link to Abe Lincoln on Mom's side. So my Dad's family might link to John Wilkes Booth!!! Wouldn't that be a hoot!
Well, I'm off to my scrap table, gotta get these projects done. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: