Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Well it's a new day!

And thanks to Eileen, I think I might be able to do the linky thing! It seems pretty straight forward.
The funny thing is while I was reading her instructions (which were very good, by the way). She said I should click on the 'goober that looks like eyes'. Well I knew right away what she meant. But it made me think about the words we use for something, when we don't know (or understand) the actual name of it.

Many years ago I had a friend who's name was James R. Churchill. And as happy as we were with calling him 'Jim Bob'... he wasn't. So instead we called him Winston. Some how it fit rather better.
I'm sure you'll all agree with me when I say there is a difference from being a charachter, to having character. He was one of the unusual ones I have met in my lifetime that have both!
We, Rhonda and I, always had so much fun with him. We were the three amigos, ya know what I mean? Any way, his favorite word for someting when he couldn't think of, or didn't know the name of it, was .....
Are you ready.... whobeframitz.....ok, let me break it down for you.....

Who.....be....fram....itz. lol Silly sounding huh!

I always loved that word, or really non-word. I have used it ever since. The first time I used the word while talking to Don, he got the strangest look on his face.... I laughed...a lot....then of course, I had to tell him about Winston.

I think of him often, and wonder what he has been up to all these years. So if anyone knows a James Robert Churchill,(who's probably between 45 and 55) ask him if he remembers Rhonda and Jessica. He might be the one. And if he is, give him my blog address or my email address. Or even my phone number if you have it. I'd love to talk to him again!

Ok enough rambling on, I'm gonna try the linky thing.

So my bud Sherry Who has become a great friend. I hope this links to her blog!

OK, I'm off to try to look for more goodies I don't have the money to buy....Don't you just love to window shop!
Have a great day!

Luv to all

1 comment:

Denise said...

Your "nonword" made me smile. what a lovely memory! I too can get lost online looking at things I'll never be able to buy. If only money trees would begin to grow here! LOL

Hope you're doing well :-)