Saturday, March 19, 2011

Reason's to celebrate... Do you really need a reason?

I keep hitting the wrong keys! So if you keep getting notifications of an upload from me... I apologize for my clumsy keyboard skills. And to think, when I still worked, I could type 60WPM with very few errors. That's what happens when you don't use a skill. Even though I use this keyboard every day, it just isn't the same.
OK... onward and upward...I hope ;)

Don and I don't celebrate Valentine's day. We both think it's sort of a "Hallmark" holiday. You know what I mean??? You gotta rush out and buy cards, flowers, candy, stuffed toys, diamonds even! Trust me... if she/he doesn't already know you love them, a diamond will only mean you'll have to go bigger next year! Well...who says... where is it written? Who is St Valentine anyway? Do we even know what we're supposed to be celebrating? I don't think I've ever heard anything about Mr. Valentine. Does anyone know the meaning behind the celebration? I may have to go 'google' it.

Anyway, I've always thought that if you see something that says "Hey, you... wouldn't so and so like me?' That's when you should get it for them. We don't have to wait for a specific day to give a gift do we?
So around the end of the February, Don cam through the door with these lovelies! What a lovely surprise! A bunch of roses, just because he loves me! How cool is that! They were lovely, but I didn't think to take pix until they had opened up. They lasted for over a week! Aren't they beautiful!



So, between these flowers and the 'Donut Stick' cake My year has started off with a bang! Didn't I show you the donut stick cake? Well if you are a facebook friend, you've seen it. But if not... here it is. Yes there's a a story. Simple...I love donut sticks, and when ever he's going out and asks me if I want a treat, I almost always say 'donut sticks please'. It's gotten so that when ever he asks me I just look at him, and that's all he kneeds. When my son came to the house the weekend, after my birthday. Matt and Tina took Don to the store. It never occured to me, that they would bring me somehing. Other than the donut sticks, of course. Don had decided he wanted a cake with donut sticks for candles. It's a good thing he didn't want to put all 62 candles on the cake... it would have been all donut stick, and no cake... well a little vanilla ice cream and I'd have been a happy camper either way.



Silly... of course, that's what he does best.
I'll be back later with a post about my paper cretions. (Which is why I started this blog in the firt place!)
Have a great day y'all!
Hugs, Jessica

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Jessica,
Your cake looks scrumptious and your flowers were beautiful too. What a lucky lady to have such a thoughtful Hubby.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Wow Jess~I think they are the prettiest rose's I've ever seen!! Happy belated birthday!!!! I think the donut stick cake is adorable. Hugs my friend!