Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day all you Dad's out there.

Though I doubt there are too many men reading my blog! lol Unless your a crafty guy! And there are so many, much more talented people out there to watch....so anyone who reads this, be sure and tell your husband, or father to have a happy from me. And then tell me what kind of expression he got on his face while he's thinking who the heck is Jessica? lol

I made my boyfriend a card using the Camp Out cartridge for my Cricut. Outside had trees and "Happy Father's Day" (Plantin Schoolbook). Then I made the inside look like a campsite, with a camp fire and a tent and even a snake slithering thru it. I had fun with it. We generally don't do Mother's or Father's day for each other, as we aren't each other's mom or dad. But he never gets a card from his daughter, so I thought I'd try to fill the gap. Although know it's not the same thing. His daughter always calls him though. So that's good.

I hope all you ladies who are lucky enough to still have your dads, don't forget to hug them and tell them you love them. My Dad's been gone since 1970. But I still miss him very much. So, Dad, if you can hear me where ever you are, I love and miss you very much. It's interesting how love doesn't change even thought one of the peeps is gone... My BFF Rhonda has been gone almost a year now. And I love her just like I saw her yesterday.
So...hug them all, all the guys and gals you love...it'll make you both happy!
Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Jessica! Would have loved to have seen that card since I just got my Cricut and know I'm going to LOVE it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment about the card. I've lived outside of Pgh my entire life (only moved 2 streets from my parents.) I do have a sister living down in your neck of the woods too. So I guess we're coming full circle.

Am now following YOU on your blog. Yay!

:-)