Sunday, March 7, 2010

He's baaack!

Hey Y'all,

I brought Don home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. We had to stop at Walmart to fill new scrips, and pick up some refills.My plan was to go in and take care of some shopping while he waited in the car. (It's usually the other way round.) He, however, had other ideas. He insisted on doing it himself! I told him he shouldn't overdo, by taxing the area where he could cause a bleed where they opened the artery in his groin.
Can you say stubborn! (There's got to be a picture of him in the dictionary next to the word!) We needed milk and a couple other things. He had decided what he wanted to eat and wanted to buy the ingredients. I asked him if he wanted to go in to the pharmacy, and let me go to the other part of this very huge store. He said "No I can do it!) not once but 3 times... When he came back out he was very pale! He said it was because his legs hurt because he'd not been able to walk the last 3 days. But I think there was more to the pain than that. I kept warning him not to overdue, but of course, he's a guy and he's going to do what ever he wants to do!

Now the specifics, they found a small blockage when they did the cardiac cath procedure. They then did Angioplasty to repair it. They insert a balloon into the artery and got it to the blockage, then they blow up the balloon. Don said they kept telling him that it wouldn't hurt. He said that was an outright lie! When they were blowing up the balloon he said it really hurt. His pain tolerance is very high, so it must have been very painful!

The worst part for him was to have to lay in the same position for several hours. The first 6 hours before they took out the plug. Then the next 6 hours, in the same position to make sure it won't leak. Those of you with arthritis will know how hard it is to stay in one position for long. But he made it through, as I knew he would.
And the doc's say all is well!

Thanks to you all for your prayers and well wishes. It won't be long and he'll be back to normal. (what ever normal is.)
Take care

5 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Thanks for letting us know. Hope all continues to go well. He's on my reiki list and will stay there until you tell me it's OK to take him off. hugs to you all, eileen

Enfys said...

Hi Jess, I am so glad Don is back, and doing well. Sounds as if he needs to be strapped down to keep him still! Hugs to both of you,
En xx

Donna Baker said...

thanks for visiting my blog today and for your well wishes! so glad your DH is doing well, how scary! take care of yourselves!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear Don is doing better. I had to giggle about the stubborn part. I've got a hubby that fits that bill too!
Hugs to you!

Enfys said...

Hi Jess, popped over to see if there was an update. Hope Don is doing well,
luv
En xx